Local Testing Center
The St. Helens Public Library is now qualified as a BYU Independent Study Testing Center for high school and college level courses. Every year our students express concerns about taking their final exams over the summer. Having the local library as a testing center is a great option which has the following benefits:
* Students have flexibility of testing over the summer.
* Students may actually complete their course during the summer.
* Flexible hours to take final exams outside of school hours. The library is open until 7 p.m. most days in addition to Saturdays.
* Centrally located testing center which is convenient and saves travel time to Longview. This also provides additional opportunities beyond our school district.
* There are no costs for proctoring but appointments are required.
It with high hopes this will give students additional opportunities to complete their credits and courses and enroll in more courses of interest. This opportunity will be extremely valuable to our students.
For students wanting to schedule an online or paper final exam, please search for the certified proctors;
Gretchen Kolderup, Youth Librarian
Brenda Herren, Reference Librarian.
St. Helens Public Library
Hours:Monday--Thursday: 10am-7pmFriday: 10am-5pm
Saturday: 10am-2pm. Sunday: Closed